Created By: Ithaca Heritage
This elegant red brick Federal-style residence was built circa 1835. It was constructed for the family of George Spink (1804-1877) and Martha L. Congdon Spink (1806-1885). George Spink was a merchant who was also involved with the founding of the Grove Cemetery Association in 1847. The neighborhood of stately homes was known as McLallen Hill, for John McLallen (1773-1844), who had settled in the village in the 1790s and whose family members were involved in early village civic and commercial affairs.
This point of interest is part of the tour: The Village of Trumansburg