Created By: Ithaca Heritage
This Gothic Revival house was built around 1853 for Henry S. Walbridge, a judge and one-time member of the New York State Assembly.
Old photographs depict the house as a spectacular example of its style, with a clapboard exterior and ornate bargeboards on the dormers and gable.
The house was shingled in 1950, and the bargeboards were removed in 1965. It is now a duplex.
Features that survived the remodeling include the steeply pitched gable and dormers, the pointed windows in the gable, the finials at the gable peaks, the extensive use of bay windows, the paired diamond shaped chimneys, and the label molding on the window above the bay on the north side of the house and the pointed molding above it.
There are stained glass windows on either side of the door at No. 112
This point of interest is part of the tour: Lower East Hill Historic District