119-121 E. Buffalo Street

DeWitt Park Historic District

119-121 E. Buffalo Street

Ithaca, New York 14850, United States

Created By: The History Center in Tompkins County

Point of Interest Details

Built in 1835, this Federal-style brick double building is the only one of its kind in Ithaca. Its stepped gables are similar to those at 130 E. Court and 307 N. Tioga streets. The three-bay facades and flat wall plane are typically Federal, and the over-door transom and handsome cornices are Greek Revival. The over-door transoms and paneling in the door recesses, built in the Italianate style, are later additions. For several years, architect William H. Miller maintained an office in the projecting second-story bay.

This point of interest is part of the tour: DeWitt Park Historic District


 

Leave a Comment

 


 

Download the App

Download the PocketSights Tour Guide mobile app to take this self-guided tour on your GPS-enabled mobile device.

iOS Tour Guide Android Tour Guide

 


 

Updates and Corrections

Please send change requests to changerequest@pocketsights.com.