Created By: Ithaca Heritage
In keeping with the Colonial Revival style, the doorway of the house at 121 Kelvin Place features a porch with Doric columns and an arched pediment--classical details that are notably absent on the house across the street at 116 Kelvin Place. The sidelights framing the doorway are also typical of the Colonial Revival style.
Looking at the roofline of this house, one sees eaves that only slightly overhang the wall surface, and the rafters are not visible at all.
The home at 121 Kelvin Place was built in 1923 for Henry H. Wing, professor of animal husbandry at Cornell and assistant director of the New York Agricultural Experiment Station. (Wing Hall is named for him.)
This point of interest is part of the tour: Cornell Heights Historic District Driving Tour