Created By: Katie Mannix
Tallman Warehouse is the oldest building on Centre Street. The land was purchased and the building constructed in 1790. It's original owner, William Tallman, was involved in many areas of business and farming in the area and co-owned several whaling ships along with Joseph and Caleb Russell. Originally, the Tallman Warehouse functioned to support various aspects of the whaling industry. The Warehouse was saved by the Waterfront Historic Area League in 1967.
Information courtesy Waterfront Historic Area League - http://www.waterfrontleague.org/past-projects/; NewBedfordGuide.com - http://www.newbedfordguide.com/new-bedford-centre-street/2012/09/14
This point of interest is part of the tour: New Bedford Historical Walking Tour