Created By: Ithaca Heritage
This property was originally the Miller Farm, operated by the Miller brothers as a dairy during the first half of the twentieth century. The collection of farm buildings illustrates how the American farm swiftly transitioned from small-scale farming to high-volume production as technology changed. As operations grew, more outbuildings and additions were needed. When the main bank barn was constructed ca. 1920, it was stick-framed with locally sawn lumber and built on an older foundation. A typical corncrib is located to the east of the barn.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Barns of Tompkins County