Created By: The History Center in Tompkins County
Five outbuildings of varying size, age, and use are located on the property. The large central barn has a hay track on the second floor. The smaller structure may have once been used for grain storage, as its east wall is constructed with gaps between each horizontal plank, which allows circulating air to dry the grain. The barn parallel to the road was historically used to stable horses. The north addition to this barn may have been altered or added ca. 1913--the note "J. Smith June 9, 1913" is inscribed in the poured concrete floor.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Barns of Tompkins County