Created By: The History Center in Tompkins County
During the late 1800s, Morrow Creek Farm was known as the Dates Farm. The original barn burned and was rebuilt on the same site in 1898. The barn is an example of a late nineteenth century trussed barn which was framed using square-rule framing methods. A hay track runs under the roof peak and a granary is located in the southwest corner. The basement was converted for dairy use with the addition of stanchions and floor gutters. The barn was extensively repaired in 1996.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Barns of Tompkins County