Created By: Ithaca Heritage
This large, Prairie-style home was built in 1916, the busiest year of building activity in Cornell Heights. Occupied briefly as a private residence, it housed various fraternities, including Beta Samach, Phi Gamma Delta, and Theta Kappa Phi during the 1920s and 30s. Since then it has been used as an apartment building.
One striking feature of this house is its boxy, cubic form. Another is the wrap-around porch, whose massive square pillars are typical of the Prairie style.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Cornell Heights Historic District Driving Tour