Created By: The History Center in Tompkins County
This eclectic house was built in 1909, probably as residential rental property. Distinctive features include the double-pitched hipped roof with flared eaves, Prairie-style windows, and Craftsman-inspired porch.
The house's first occupant was John Bergen, a salesman, who lived there through the 1920s. It was later a sorority house for the Rho Psi and Alpha Epsilon Phi societies. Professor George Lauman, who founded the department of rural, or agricultural, economics at Cornell, lived here during the 1940s.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Cornell Heights Historic District Driving Tour