Created By: Heritage Hill Association
J.S. Schramm first opened its doors in 1845 with a stock of Dress and Fancy Goods. Iowa was not yet a state and Burlington was only 12 years old. The first Schramm store was at the corner of Main and Columbia. The current building houses condominiums on the second and third-floor. The first floor has a catering business and sundry other businesses.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Burlington Iowa Jefferson Street