Created By: Ithaca Heritage
Like several other agricultural buildings in the Newfield area, this barn was moved from Connecticut Hill ca. 1900. Connecticut Hill, with its rocky soil and exposed hilly terrain, made for poor farmland, and settlers continually abandoned the area prior to its purchase by the government during the Great Depression. The barn's original location and owner are unknown.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Barns of Tompkins County