Created By: Los Angeles Visionaries Association
The Times originally had a modest building at Temple & New High Street.
First and Broadway, the Times Building of 1887, Caukin & Haas, with an addition in 1903 by John Krempel.
Dynamited by Unionists, 1910. Redesigned by Walter Erkes, the battlement clock tower featured a 10-foot clock by Nels Johnson. This third Times lasts until the Kaufman/Crawford Art Moderne structure of 1934; it is demolished from September 1937-March 1938.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Romanesque Revival Downtown