Created By: The History Center in Tompkins County
This Tudor Revival home is one of the more recent homes in the district. Built in 1929 for George Coleman, an instructor at Cornell, it is typical of the so-called "Stockbroker Tudors" popular in the 1920s, which, despite their modest scale, conveyed an Old World cachet that was sought after by middle class homeowners.
This house features steeply pitched cross gables and a low-hanging, multicolored slate roof. The cladding is stucco, with rustic wood siding in the front gable. The front windows and entrance are framed with irregular brick quoining and rustic wooden lintels. Other decorative features include copper downspouts and a metal lantern over the main entrance.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Cornell Heights Historic District Driving Tour