Created By: The History Center in Tompkins County
This house may have been a typical Greek Revival building in 1866, when it was owned by Ezra Cornell.
The Italianate windows and the gingerbread vergeboard were probably added by John D. Carpenter, an undertaker and cabinet maker who bought the property in 1875.
The porch and front entrance were added later.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Lower East Hill Historic District