Created By: The History Center in Tompkins County
This 1874 Eastlake or Stick house has a complex L-shaped plan with several bays, projections and roof shapes. Note the decorative bargeboards, cornice trim and pendants, as well as other details like the decorative brickwork of the chimney and the neoclassical entranceway, which deviates from the house's other detailing.
This house's likely builder was Roger B. Williams, who is associated with other builders along Albany St like William Bostwick and Philip Frank Sisson, with whom he co-owned a factory. Williams was also president of the Ithaca Savings Bank and partner in the Williams Brothers foundary. Williams lived in the house until his death in 1933.
This point of interest is part of the tour: The Henry St John Historical Walking Tour