Created By: Ithaca Heritage
This 1874 Eastlake or Stick house has a complex L-shaped plan with several bays, projections, and roof shapes. Note the decorative bargeboards, cornice trim and pendants, as well as other details like the decorative brickwork of the chimney and the Neoclassical entranceway, which deviates from the house's other detailing.
This house's likely builder was Roger B. Williams (1848-1933), who is associated with other builders along Albany Street, including William L. Bostwick (1837-1896) and Philip Frank Sisson (1839-1918), with whom he co-owned a factory. Williams was also president of the Ithaca Savings Bank and partner in the Williams Brothers foundry. Williams lived in the house until his death in 1933.
This point of interest is part of the tour: The Henry St. John District Historic Walking Tour