Created By: Ithaca Heritage
Built between 1876 and 1877, this Italianate home is rectangular in plan with projecting bays at the north and south façades, a small porch at the west façade, a two-story rear wing, and a rear addition with a first-story porch and second-story balcony. The roof has a very low slope, with very deep eaves held up by scrolled wooden brackets with pendants. This style of bracket is also found supporting the entryway overhang. This house retains nearly all of its original exterior features.
After being purchased from Charles Titus, this lot was sold twice more before the home was built by Isaac Frazier (1813-1898) and Dorothy Frazier (1815-1898). Isaac was apparently a farmer, or at least in agriculture in some respect. The Fraziers sold the property to John D. Fish (1829-1892) and Eunice Fish (1836-1925) in 1888, and after John's death in 1892, Eunice held onto it until 1922.
This point of interest is part of the tour: The Henry St. John District Historic Walking Tour