Created By: The History Center in Tompkins County
Built around 1820, this Federal-style home is one of the oldest structures in Trumansburg. It sits above Old Main Street, which was originally the Ithaca-Geneva Turnpike. A two-story Italianate "high style" carriage house at the back of the property was constructed around 1865. The influential McLallen family, related by marriage to Abner Treman (1761-1823), owned the home until the early 1900s. John McLallen (1773-1844) built the first tavern in the village near his home, and the village itself was known for a time as McLallen's Tavern.
This point of interest is part of the tour: The Village of Trumansburg