Created By: The History Center in Tompkins County
Built around 1870, this red-painted brick Italianate house has deep eaves with ornate paired scrolled brackets and dentil molding typical of this style. Distinguishing it from other well-maintained but typical Italianates is the rounded wall dormer at the top of the main façade.
Charles Titus, the original developer of much of this area, built this house and several others nearby at the same time, around 1870-71. He quickly sold it, and it passed through a few owners before Washington Glass Company owner Benjamin Franklin Slocum bought it in 1885. He owned it until 1902.
This point of interest is part of the tour: The Henry St John Historical Walking Tour