Created By: Ithaca Heritage
Built around 1870, this red-painted brick Italianate house has deep eaves with ornate paired scrolled brackets and dentil molding typical of this style. Distinguishing it from other well-maintained but typical Italianates is the rounded wall dormer at the top of the main façade.
Charles Titus (1832-1907), the original developer of much of this area, built this house and several others nearby at the same time, around 1870-71. He quickly sold it, and it passed through a few owners before Washington Glass Company owner Benjamin Franklin Slocum bought it in 1885. He owned it until 1902.
This point of interest is part of the tour: The Henry St. John District Historic Walking Tour