Created By: Ithaca Heritage
This house, constructed between 1888 and 1893, combines elements of two popular turn-of-the-century styles: Colonial Revival and Queen Anne. The L-shaped plan of the house, front gable and overhang, full-length porch, and varied wall surface treatments are Queen Anne features. Colonial Revival details include the garland motif over the door and the second-story Palladian window on the north side. Clinton Vivian, who also designed the Williams House, is thought to be the architect, commissioned by John K. Blackman, a wealthy grocer.
This point of interest is part of the tour: DeWitt Park Historic District