Created By: Heritage Hill Association
In 1869 four brick stores were built here by J. Forney and Samuel Mellinger. First tenants were Kiesling bakery, Bickenbach (Saddles and Harnesses) and Buettner Co. In the years following 1900, there were Singer Sewing Machines, Grocers, Cigar shops, auto parts, Burlington Toys. 514 Jefferson is currently Ivy Bakery and restaurant.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Burlington Iowa Jefferson Street