Created By: Tree Street Area Art Safari
54 Beach Road and Subdivision of larger Beach Road blocks
54 Beach Road is a single storey timber and tiled house constructed as a late example of the Federation Bungalow style of architecture. The walls are timber framed and clad with timber weatherboards to dado height with fibre cement sheeting above. The roof is hipped and clad with tiles. The verandah is under a continuous tiled roof supported by timber posts. The symmetrical front façade has a central front door with side and fanlights flanked on either side by timber framed casement windows. There is one face brick chimney with chimney pot evident. There is a carport addition to the side. The house is situated at street level and there is a brick pillar and timber picket fence to the front boundary line.
54 Beach Road was built in the 1940s. Lot 207 was vacant land owned by William Gibson between c 1920 and at least 1941. By 1951, a house had been built on the lot. At this time, it was owned by William and Muriel Elliot and was numbered 15 Beach Road.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Back up 1-30-17 at 8:35 AM - Tree Street Art Safari Architecture Tour - Copy