Created By: Myrtle Creek Historical Society
The house at 206 Third Ave was constructed around 1900 for Alexander Thompson. It is in excellent condition and has received few alterations in it’s 100 plus years. Thompson was born in Canada in 1843. He was a carpenter who worked for wages. It is very probable that he built this house himself. In 1899, Thompson purchased the “Myrtle Creek Mining District” on North Myrtle Creek. This purchase included all ownership rights and water rights of Verwood and Company (of Ruckles), Mulkey and Company, Yocum and Company and Catching and Company. This area was a major center of mining activity and ‘gold fever’ in the 1890s.
STYLE OF ARCHITECTURE: Colonial Revival
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historical Sites Downtown Myrtle Creek