Created By: Alpharetta Historical Society
J.A. Oliver’s general store at 1 South Main Street operated until 1920, followed by the grocery stores of Jones, Lively and Talmage Burgess. In the mid 1950s, Phillips Variety Store opened. At 3 South Main Street were the Teasley, Johnson and Moore stores, John M. Martin Grocery and establishments owned by the Devore, Mayfield, Waters, Thomas, Shaw, Kirby, Goswick and Reese families.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Alpharetta Historic Walk