Created By: Indiana War Memorials
The original home to the American Legion National Headquarters was constructed on the northwest corner of the mall. Completed in 1925, it was the first building constructed on the Plaza, and initially served as the national headquarters for the American Legion. In 1950, the Legion moved across the mall to the new American Legion National Headquarters on the northeast corner. The building then became housed the Indiana Department of the American Legion, the American Legion National Auxiliary, and the Indiana American Legion Auxiliary until 2014.Today, the building at 777 Meridian Street is closed to the public and is scheduled to undergo renovations to allow for new tennants to occupy the facility.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Indiana War Memorials