Created By: Douglas T Stiff
This residence was constructed in 1892-1893 for E. Stone Wiggins and his wife Susan Wiggins. The former was a teacher and amateur meteorologist, while the latter was a writer. It was designated as aa heritage property in 1996, with the plaque noting:
“The house’s exceptional corner tower, shingled gables and irregular plan are typical of the Queen Anne Revival style.” (City of Ottawa, 1996).
This point of interest is part of the tour: Britannia Village History