Created By: Altered Landscapes / Preserved Landscapes
Originally built over the West Branch of Cayuga Inlet in 1873 by the King Bridge Company of Cleveland, Ohio, this bridge was reconstructed in 2003, significantly altering the underlying structure. The new bridge is longer and narrower than the original, with updated flooring and redesigned abutments. The bridge does, however, still feature the original historic bowstring trusses, attached to the outside of the new bridge.
This point of interest is part of the tour: 20 Historical Bridges in Tompkins County, NY