Created By: The History Center in Tompkins County
This house is one of the oldest standing buildings in Ithaca and a prime example of the Federal style. It was built in 1820 by banker Jeremiah Beebe, who sold it to William Halsey in 1850, who then added a rear service wing. The narrow, three-bay facade hides the depth and true size of the building, which extends far back. The building was bought in 2012 by Tom Seany and Nancy Medsker and opened as a bed & breakfast. In summer 2016 the bed and breakfast rooms were converted into apartment homes.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Downtown Ithaca Architectural Tour