Created By: Birchwood
Birchwood was built in 1922. Mortimer's Dr Anderson Hill and his wife Davina moved here from Glenapp Grange (see walk 2) in 1954.
In 1959 they passed the house on to their son Dr Ian Hill ("young" doctor Hill) where he lived until 1970.
Birchwood's original tennis court, was sold in 1970 to form the adjacent "Sinnet Court".
This point of interest is part of the tour: Mortimer Heritage Trail - walk 1