Created By: Leadership - Pendleton ("Pendleton on the Map")
SITE #7: Boxwood
This circa 1811 residence had additions to the original house in 1825, 1836, and 1959. It earned its name because of the many boxwoods on the property, many of them believed to be over 160 years old. Outbuildings at one time served as carriage houses and storage for meat cured by the owners.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Pendleton - Historic Walking Tour - Copy