Created By: Katie Mannix
Superior Court House was constructed in 1831. The original architect was Russell Warren. The court house was built as part of an effort to become a "half-shire town" - an effort that also included the construction of a jail. The court house is most famous for the Lizzy Borden trial that took place there in 1893.
Information courtesy A Picture History of New Bedford Volume 1; and South Coast Today - http://www.southcoasttoday.com/article/20100622/NEWS/6220308
This point of interest is part of the tour: New Bedford Historical Walking Tour