Created By: David
107-09 W. 10th Street
John McKecknie (1909)
Stark Wilson Duncan Architects (2003)
This Sullivanesque inspired, six-story commercial building is of reinforced concrete construction. The Burnap Stationery Company, originally established in Kansas City in 1878, became one of the largest retail stationery and office supply companies in the United States. Due to its rapid success, the firm remained at the West 10th Street location for only fifteen years. By 1925, the company had outgrown the six-story building and subsequently relocated to a new facility at 1023 McGee. The building was rehabilitated in 2003.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Library District Walking Tour