Created By: neighbourhood history group
This is one of the few remaining examples of rowing housing in Regina. The units were constructed between 1908 and 1912 by the Regina Development Syndicate for an estimated cost of $30,000.
The firm Storey and Van Egmond designed the property in a combination of the Georgian Revival and American Craftsman styles.
Row houses were popular in Britain during the Georgian period, a time of major urban growth between the years 1714 and 1830. Throughout the United Kingdom row houses have endured the passage of time and today remain the main housing stock in major cities such as London and Dublin.
Their appearance in Regina reflects the city's rapid population growth before the First World War. Developers built a few of them to serve a new market of middle-income buyers. However, they did not become a common housing form in Regina.
This property has been on the Regina Heritage Holding Bylaw List since1989.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historic Cathedral Village