This building is actually a former schoolhouse from the Berlin Township, that has been repurposed as an approximation of a Cass County District Court Room. The building itself was donated to the Cass County Historical Society by Frank Gavin who purchase it after the school closed in 1956. The courtroom furnishings however come from an actual Cass County Courthouse which was remodeled in 1967. The installation of these furnishings was made possible by a donation from the Alex Stern Family Foundation.
The Cass County Courthouse has moved several times, sitting where the Northern Pacific Depot currently sits, on third avenue where it burned down, and on third avenue again once it was rebuilt. The current courthouse has been in use since 1906.
Question: What is Double Jeopardy?
Answer: Double Jeopardy is trying a person for the same crime twice and is, with few exceptions, banned under the Fifth Amendment of the US Constitution.