Created By: The History Center in Tompkins County
414 East Buffalo Street, 1873 (remodeling);
This was originally a Greek Revival house built for merchant Charles F. Blood in 1868. The house was remodeled in 1873 by William Henry Miller, who made it into Italianate Villa.
Characteristic Italianate feature include the extensive use of decorative brackets under the eaves, and the tall, narrow windows. What distinguishes this as an Italianate Villa is the tower, with its mansard roof and wrought iron cresting.
Attorney Charles H. Blood, son of the original owner owned this house until 1920. It was later owned by art professor and painter Olaf M. Brauner.
This point of interest is part of the tour: William Henry Miller Lower Collegetown Architecture Walking Tour