Created By: Volunteer
This house was built in approximately 1890 by Charles G. Curtiss Sr., a builder from Plymouth. Curtiss died only a few years later in 1893, and his wife Caroline continued to live in the house until 1901. (Wikipedia)
The home has a square bay window at the front, a tower with lucarne, multiple brackets along the roof frieze, and elaborate spindle work along the porch eaves.
The gable roof shows octagonal shingles in two colors. The siding has hexagonal and staggered imbrication.
The Victorian era cresting along the porch roof has been removed.
This is a National Registry site and a Michigan Historic Site. It is a AAUW Plymouth Landmark.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Downtown Plymouth Historical Sites