Created By: Myrtle Creek Historical Society
The house at 134 Third Ave was constructed in the 1890s for Charles O. White. White was born in New York in 1842. The 1910 census shows that he owned his own real estate business. White is also remembered as a ‘drummer’....a traveling salesman. He also owned the first movie theater in town. It was located at the corner of Second and Oak.
Charles O. White married Clara Stephenson of Dole. Mrs. White operated a boarding house at this location after Mr. White’s death. She was known for her cooking. Clara Stephenson’s first marriage was to a Mr. Mayo (a member of the Mayo Clinic family, but we’re not sure of the relationship).
STYLE OF ARCHITECTURE: Colonial Revival
This point of interest is part of the tour: Historical Sites Downtown Myrtle Creek