Created By: PocketSights
Located at: Northeast corner Spruce Street and Woodland Walk
A gift from the Class of 1956, this half replicate of a Peter Witt trolley car (Peter Witt 8000-8534, J. G. Brill 1923-26), manufactured by the Gomaco Trolley Company, October 2006, is a symbol of a time when Penn students coexisted with a light rail transportation network crisscrossing the campus. One end of this trolley shell shelters the stairwell serving the current SEPTA 37th and Spruce Streets station platform and the other provides a nostalgic recreation of a period trolley interior.
Year Built: 2006
Architect: Gomaco Trolley Company
This point of interest is part of the tour: Penn's Public Art - Short Tour