Created By: individual
100 Bortons Mill Road, Cherry Hill
Once a working mill and a purported stop on the Underground Railroad, it is today an active arts center. The property also includes over a mile of walking trails and other recreational facilities.
The centerpiece of the property is the 16-room Kay-Evans Farmhouse. Built in several sections, the original section of the house was ereected in 1753 by Isaac Kay and exists today as the dining room, the "tight winder'' staircase, and the facade facing Evans Pond. An addition was made to the north side of the house in 1816. The Evans family sold the property in the 1920s to John W. Croft, Jr., who farmed the land until 1981. His family sold the property to the Township in 1985.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Camden County History Tour