Created By: PocketSights
Large-scale dental facility, related in style to Cope &, Stewardson's buildings, but with a frieze of dental tortures. The building recognizes the contribution of one of the great characters of the nineteenth century, Thomas Evans, dentist to the royalty of Europe, who gave a fortune and the site of his home to Penn for a dental institute and museum. The Evans building contains the Leon Levy Library and is entered through the Schattner Center entrance on 40thh Street.
Address: 240 South 40th Street
Building Code: 140
Gross Area (square feet): 119,446
Year Built: 1915
Architect: John T. Windrim
This point of interest is part of the tour: Penn's Library Directory