Created By: Alpharetta Historical Society
Dodd Hotel was owned by James Madison Dodd, 1828-1895. A businessman and Milton County constable, he operated a livery stable and barn on the north side of the street. The two-story hotel boarded cotton traders, drummers, court attendees and teachers. Dodd’s wife, Sara Ann, prepared meals. The hotel operated until the 1940s.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Alpharetta Historic Walk