Created By: Duchess Downtown Tours
HISTORIC HOUSE 333 North Sterling Street Circa 1904: Don A. Greig Don Greig was the nephew of Martha T. Greig, the owner of a large portion of the property in Sterling Grove National Historic District. Martha’s parents, John and Angelica Greig were plantation owners. Their summer home and plantation were located at the East end of Simcoe Street, where present-day Oakbourne Country Club exists. Martha was married to Dr. Francis Sterling Mudd. The subdivision they developed was recorded in 1901 as Mudd Addition, five years before Martha’s death.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Sterling Grove Historic District Tour