Created By: Ithaca Heritage
Located at the northeast corner of North Street and East Main Street is the Dryden United Methodist Church. With its position on the historic crossroads, this church has been an important Dryden landmark since its completion. The local Methodist congregation was established on this site in 1816. By the 1830’s, the group had grown to a size that warranted a permanent meeting space. The original structure, constructed in 1832, burned to the ground in 1873 while undergoing repairs. Henry H. Moore of Ithaca was chosen to build the replacement. Designed in the Romanesque Revival style, the new church features a façade flanked on each side by towers of asymmetrical heights, widths, and roofing treatments. A large rose window punctuates the central bay. The Dryden Methodist Church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
This point of interest is part of the tour: The Village of Dryden