Created By: Goulbourn Township Historical Society
3518 McBean Street
John Ferrier opened his tinsmith shop in 1889. He manufactured milk cans, eaves trough, pots and pans, pails and stove pipes. He also sold lamps and coal oil and purchased boilers and coal and wood burning stoves for resale in the village. They had to go to Stittsville to get their goods from the train as there was as yet no depot in Richmond. About 1910, Ferrier acquired a hand-pump which became a popular tool to help fight fires in the village along with the bucket brigade.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Richmond Ontario's 200th Anniversary Walking Tour