Before Fargo's first house was built by Harry Moore and George Mann in 1869, Fargo was just a city of tents, in what was then Dakota Territory. The house originally sat near the Red River before the constant yearly flooding necessitated moving it to another location. The new address had a large Elm wood tree in front of it where the sign that sits upon the building now hung for many years. The house also serve as a hotel until Fargo was incorporated in 1875, at which point the new city paid $15 a month to house prisoners there while they built a new prison.
The house was eventually purchased and brought to Bonanzaville by Henry Hector.
Question: How much would $15 in 1875 be worth today?