Created By: Camden County Historical Society
Farnum Park/ Pavilion- Once the site of a beautiful city park where the brick pavilion offered shade and a vendor sold ice cream. Farnum Park is now under water because of a Dyke that was breached in a hurricane in the 1970s. The skeletal remains of the pavilion off of Kaighn Avenue recently collapsed during a storm.
Camden City bought 80 acres east of Baird Boulevard in 1904 for Forest Hill Park. City Engineer Levi Farnham designed the park with a lake with island. Farnham’s plan included stone bridges to the island and the pavilion near the lake’s edge on the right . The city renamed the park Farnham Park in 1927 to honor its former engineer.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Lower Cooper River