Created By: North Dakota State University
Today the Federal Building and Main Post Office are in the same building in downtown Fargo on 2nd Ave North between Roberts and 7th St. The building you see today is a remodeled look of the originally building that was built in 1930. From 1930 until 1970, the original building served as the Post Office, Federal Courthouse, and Federal Building. In 1998, a new four story addition was completed on the west side of the original federal building connected by a glass atrium. This new addition was built to house the US District and Bankruptcy Courts and US Marshall Service and cost $15 million. After the completion of this addition on July 29, 1998, the Federal Building was rededicated as the Quinten N. Burdick United States Courthouse. In 1970, the US Post Office built a new building and moved to the very west end of the block. This is the same building standing today even though it is now connected to the Quinten Burdick Courthouse building.
This point of interest is part of the tour: A Look Around Downtown Fargo