Created By: Pulaski County Tourism Bureau & Visitors Center
Most interred here were born in the late 1800’s. The stone work was built by the German POW's during WWII. Three of the 13 people buried there died in 1934, with two unrelated people dying within three days of each other. Interments that are held here require the graves to be hand dug due to the stone wall.
For an interesting article on other cemeteries, of the "lost towns", located throughout Fort Leonard Wood, visit the link the May 25, 1987 article with the Chicago Tribune.
This point of interest is part of the tour: Fort Leonard Wood Historic Tour